Unique Rack System for Storing Whole Sheets of Metal and Their Residual Sheets
A rack system MAGNUS makes use of a patented stowing system of individual sheets of metal, unique in Europe. The price indeed corresponds with a quality and uncontested operating life in decades. This solution can be used for storing of any kind of material supplied in sheets / panes (glass, wood, plywood, plastic materials etc.).
At present most of the companies do not have a good solution for storing of residual sheets of materials. Usually they are just propped against the wall or building constructions, respectively stored in loosely laid piles of the residual material, separated with wooden or plastic piling sticks. In better cases some types of racks are used for a vertical storing with manual stowing. However, all these solutions bring various grave problems:
- frequent damage of the residual sheets – scratchy records, flexion, abruption of some materials, which cannot be bent,
- risk of injury – manipulation with residual materials is not safe, if the sheet metal and other materials are stored loosely, injuries can often occur being it due to sharp rims of the sheetmetal or another material,
- time delays – the manipulation lasts long, usually there is a need to use the piece which is at the very bottom of all laid sheets,
- unsystematic storage – there is usually insufficient or even chaotic track of sheet or pane residual materials,
- physically demanding – the manipulation with the residual sheets is always very demanding and exhausting.
This way of storing sheet / pane residual materials results very often in a damage of stored materials, which makes them useless in further production. The residual sheets must be subsequently disposed of as waste. According to experience of our company it is about 2-3% of all purchased material that is devalued in this way. Financial losses can reach thousands to tens of thousands of euros per year, depending on the size of the company.
On the ground of above mentioned vices and difficulties in storing residual sheets our company developed an innovative rack for storing residual sheet materials, predominantly sheetmetal ones. However, the rack is suitable for storing any materials supplied in sheets or panes – glass, plastic materials, plywood, exotic wood etc. This construction solution has been registered as a patent solution. Utilizing of this rack system brings several advantages contrary to traditional storage methods:
- elimination of residual metal sheets damage – thanks to travelling any risk of damage, such as scratchy records, flexion or abruption, is nearly eliminated during storing or delivery of the material,
- risk of injury reduced – manipulation with residual metal sheets is very safe and easy, risk of injury due to sharp rims of stored sheetmetal or other material is eliminated,
- manipulation speed – any manipulation is very fast and effective,
- a good track of the stored sheets – using of this rack provides a good track of all stored residual sheet materials,
- easy manipulation – thanks to travelling storing and delivery of residual sheets can be carried out by means of a fork lift, thus the manipulation is easy and fast, no need for a demanding labour,
- big capacity of the rack – 20 storage units, with a maximum load of 360 kg – 720 kg and a total load of 7,200-14,400 kg depending on the type of the rack,
- versatility of use – the rack can be used for whole or residual sheets of steel up to thickness of 25 mm depending on a type of the rack and a size of the sheets / panes 1,000×1,000 mm up to 3,000×1,500 mm, which is a common range of thickness for the companies dealing with dinking or laser cutting, maximal thickness of the stored materials being then 30 mm,
- robustness and operating life – the rack has been constructed to operate for several decades, it is very robust and durable.
As practical experience with the rack system MAGNUS running has proven, thanks to material and manipulation time savings as much as an improvement of the safety at work, all initial costs when purchasing the rack system will relatively fast pay out.